Friday, June 29, 2007

Just a LITTLE stress

This week has been one mess after another. Well I shouldn't say mess, I have hit one brick wall after another. I have been fighting with the Dept. of State for almost 2 weeks. One the phone for at least a hour almost everyday trying to figure out when Hayleys passport is. I can not seem to get a solid answer on what stage of the process that it is in, where it is at, when it will be completed and sent. She leaves in 2 weeks and it is still not here yet. I finally called our Congressman on Monday and I hope they can figure it out. It better get here soon, because if Hayley misses her trip of a life time someone is going to pay and it is not going to be me. (See there is a little stress, because I am normally not that kind of person).

I have been working on our vacation also. It has been kind of hard to find a date that we can all make it because the girls have so much going on this summer and Scott is really busy at work. I thought we finally found 2 different weeks that we could do it, I found a house to rent (we stayed there a couple of years ago, and LOVED it). I was going to call yesterday afternoon to finalize it when my dh called. He has been thinking and with the him having so much going on at work he doesn't feel that he should take the time off. UGH!!! I was almost in tear, I need a vacation and was really looking forward to it. I still might take the girls, got to think on that.

The other thing is, is we had our yard landscaped the end of May. I absolutely love what they did. Will post pictures one of these days. The thing is is we paid alot, I mean alot of money to have them do everything. Brick porch, brick sidewalk, new driveway, bushes, trees, flowers, etc. And new grass, that is the problem. All that is growing is WEEDS. I mean prickly weeds, water grasses, ground covers. I am upset because I was expecting grass. So we have been talking and had the grass guy from the landscrape company come over. He was not a happy camper, because he has been trying to get the company to get different mixture of grass but they are trying to save money so they go with this crap. So the next day we get a call that the owner what to come over to get the rest of the money. What the heck, don't they send out bills or whatever. I said fine come on over. He came over I handed him the check, he looked at it and said that that is not what we owe. Correct, and you will not get the remainder until we get grass, not weeds. He was pissed but heck so am I. I have been taking pictures of the yard almost everyday. The neighbors can't believe it either.

OK I am done venting, I guess sometimes you just have say what is on your mind and go on. So now that I have unloaded, I need to go pack, I am going scrapping tonight. YAHOO!!!

Have a AWESOME weekend!!!

2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Man oh man James... you have had some serious STRESS going on!!! I SO hope things get better this week!

Amanda said...

Hugs lady! I hope the passport arrives soon!!